November 8th, 2010 by TAW Reporter
This year, Tibetans and their supporters worldwide are joining with Chinese democracy groups to celebrate the awarding of the Nobel Peace Prize to imprisoned Chinese writer and reformer Liu Xiaobo on Human Rights Day. He is also a long-time supporter of Tibetans’ right to self-determination. Read more.
Liu Xiaobo’s seat will remain empty at the award ceremony in Oslo, Norway, a stark reminder to the world of the Chinese government’s blatant disregard for human rights. We are also profiling the cases of three Tibetan heroes - Dhondup Wangchen, Tenzin Delek Rinpoche, and Runggye Adak - all jailed by China for advocating for Tibetans’ human rights, and for bravely expressing their opposition to Chinese policies in Tibet.
Download a Poster to display on your campus or in the window of your home/office/car on Human Rights Day.
1) Empty Chair Poster (A4)
2) Freedom for Tibet, Democracy in China Poster
(Color - version 1)
3) Freedom for Tibet, Democracy in China Poster
(Color - version 2)
4) Freedom for Tibet, Democracy in China Poster
(Black & White)
TAKE ACTION: Free Liu Xiaobo, Free Tibetan Heroes
Below are 5 simple actions that you can take to promote Freedom for Tibet and Democracy in China this Human Rights Day.
- Sign a petition calling on world leaders to press the Chinese government to release Liu Xiaobo and all political prisoners imprisoned by China.
- Attend a Human Rights Day event near you. Find out if a local event is being planned in your community or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send a personal message to Liu Xiaobo and imprisoned Tibetan heroes – find sample text below.
- Show your solidarity on Human Rights Day by:
a) Change your Facebook profile picture to one of the images below, You can find more images at: www.FreeTibetanHeroes.org
- Take action in support of Tibetans’ language rights. The Chinese government is trying to wipe out the Tibetan language in schools in eastern Tibet. Language forms the foundation of Tibet’s unique and vibrant culture; to deny Tibetans their language is an attack on their fundamental human rights. Learn more.
b) Download a Poster to display on your campus or in the window of your home/office/car.
Empty Chair Poster (A4)
Freedom for Tibet, Democracy in China Poster (Color - version 1)
Freedom for Tibet, Democracy in China Poster (Color - version 2)
Freedom for Tibet, Democracy in China Poster (Black & White)
c) Tweet messages in support of #LiuXiaobo & #humanrights in #Tibet and #China. Every time you tweet Liu Xiaobo’s name, your tweet will appear in Free Tibetan Heroes feed here:
This entry was posted on Monday, November 8th, 2010 at 2:28 pm and is filed under Take Action. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.