Tibetan Language and Culture Class Summer Camp 2017
Dates: Aug 16th (Wednesday) – Aug 20th (Sunday)
Registration Deadline: Aug 5th, 2017
Age Limit: 4 – 17 years old.
- Sakya Monastery: 108 NW 83rd Street, Seattle 98155
- Shoreline Senior Center: 18560 1st Ave NE, Shoreline 98155
Hours: 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
Tibetan Language and Culture School of Seattle, WA under the guidance of Office of Tibet and with the funding support of $2000 from The Tibet Fund is fortunate to organize a week long summer camp for our community kids this year. The purpose of the program is to promote Tibetan language and culture by instilling interest and enthusiasm for our cultural heritage, roots and identity. The summer camp is open to all Tibetan children regardless of TAW membership or TLCC studentship.
Objectives of the program:
- Awareness of Tibetan root and identity.
- Knowledge of Tibetan history and government.
- Introduction to Tibetan Buddhism (both essence and aspects).
- Learn about the fundamentals of meditation and prayer.
- Learn Tibetan language: reading, writing and conversation.
- Learn Tibetan culture and tradition (Dance & music).
- Learn about Traditional Tibetan Art (Thangka painting).
- Cultivation of Joy and Fun: cooking, swimming and nurturing friendship.
Interested parents should fill out the application form and submit it to the summer camp coordinator and TLCC curriculum director Lobsang Tsering by August 5, 2017. Click the link below to download the forms.
- Food preparation and camp event helpers are needed throughout the summer camp program. Please commit one day for kitchen duty and one day as event helper. Please find a suitable substitute if you are personally not available. Contact Lobsang Tsering as soon as you know your preferred day for help.
Terms of Agreement:
- Participation in the camp is completely voluntary. TLCC will take utmost care of the participants during the camp. However, TLCC will not be responsible or liable for unforeseen circumstance such as any kind of injury to participants.
- Parents will be notified to pick up their child/children in the event of an accident or illness during his/her presence at the camp.
- TLCC, camp organizers and volunteers will not be responsible for participants’ loss of personal items.
- Parents will be notified to pick up their child if she/he engages in destructive behavior and disturbs the peace of the camp.
For questions/concerns, please contact our camp coordinator Lobsang Tsering at Phone (425-673-1441) or firstname.lastname@example.org, 5733 186th PL SW, Unit B. Lynnwood, WA 98037